Monday 23 May 2011

A completed project and a mission yet to be completed...

Morning Blogland! We had a lovely two days scrappin' - some of our precious members were missing, but despite the fact it was a tad quieter than usual, I think a good time was had by all! Because it was quieter, I was able to play along with the girls - a rare treat, as usually I'm too busy Cricutting, advising, teaching, coffee making etc!!
So, without further ado, THIS little gorgeous thing is what I've been making:

Now, come on.... how lovely is that! I've been hankering after a 7 Gypsies version of this for a while, just haven't gotton round to ordering one, and let's face it - they're pretty pricey! This little beauty? £2.50 for the tray at a local gardening centre, a little paint and PVA glue for a crackle effect, and I now have my very own tray to store my hand made cards in throughout the year! Here's what the inserts look like:
I cut them at 6"x4" to fit the width of the tray, then stamped them with as many vintage ad stamps as I could lay my hands on, before distressing the edges with walnut Stain ink, and attaching tabs with the months on them and perpetual calendars for important dates to remember, found on Split Coast Stampers website. And finally, here's some of the cards I've been making to store in it!
It's going to be great being able to get organized with all the important dates in my family - five brothers and sisters, too many nieces and nephews to mention, as well as four little darlings of our own means there's always a card needing to be made - and usually at the last minute... not any more! I hope you've enjoyed! xxx

No comments: