Wednesday 18 May 2011

It's scrapaholix this week...

....and I've been working hard on my sample layouts for the gals. the first one looks like this:
I thought that this paper in the kit (Scribble Scrabble, Sam's Collection - Big circles and Multi Stripes) was very 'graphic' in style, and called for bold additions, so I cut out the top numbers border with my Cricut, and punched a couple of border strips for the bottom, before using the resist technique to add a blue circle background, and then inking with black distress ink. I've discovered a fab product called Paper Pens - by Viva Decor. It gives a wonderful pearl adhesive stone effect - better than Liquid Pearls I think, cos it holds it shape better... AND it comes in loads of colours!

The second layout that I've completed (and my definite fave) looks like this:
This paper (Scribble Scrabble, Sam's Collection - Red Dots and Hounds-tooth) is far softer, so it got a far softer treatment! I applied a messy layer of white acrylic paint to the area of the paper I knew that I would be working on - my aim was to have the edges of the brush strokes showing on the completed layout - I love it! Then, LOADS of layering, both stamped and fussy cut images, as well as a few shop bought bits and pieces. There's lots going on here - just the way I like it!
Can't wait till Friday/Saturday to see the girls. xxx

3 comments:

Clare said...

Hope you got my text that we can't make it. May pop in for a cuppa at some point, but can't stay. x

Boo said...

Thanks for posting them Kim - gives me a better idea of which photos to search for. Love them both. Looking forward to seeing you all on Friday. Got some nice biscuits to bring this time - fatten us all up! Hugs Boo xxx

uhooi said...

The cards are very creative and nice,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com