Thursday 26 May 2011

A Lovely afternoon and a little surprise...

My neighbour Sue is one of the kindest people I know. She has a friend, Val, that is always doing something for someone else, and she wanted to do something for HER. So, a few weeks ago, she arranged an afternoon session for the two of them with me, to learn how to scrapbook. She had asked Val's husband for some of Val's favourite photo's in advance, so it really was a surprise for Val!
They did absolutely fantastically!!! Neither had ever experimented with paper crafting before, but they both took to it like ducks to water, and had (I HOPE!) a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon!
Here's the layout that I helped them to re-create with their own photos...

I wanted them to have a little taste of everything, so we did some masking (the floral pattern to the right of the photo), some rubber stamping and fussy cutting (the 'just lovely' label, two quotes, postage marks and doily images), some die cutting and inking (the chipboard flowers), some paper punching (the border at the bottom of the photo), working with acetate ( the butterflies), and some general design techniques, like the positioning of the title to the top left and bottom right side of the photo. I did sneak a little shop bought notecard from Prima in there - to journal on, but hey, those beautiful things just have to be used don't they?!

And my lovely surprise? I got a package of my five favourite stamps from Crafty Individuals today! So look out for some rather nice crafty bits and pieces over the next few weeks right here with some rather special stamps on them... xxx

No comments: