Wednesday 29 June 2011

Not much craftin' going down...

Hi all - we had a wonderful couple of days at Scrapaholix, it's always so nice to get together with crafty friends!
Sadly, I have nothing to show!!! Busy weekend - I think most people in the western hemisphere know by now that my son became under 15's National Fencing Champion on Sunday (I'm so proud!). Hospice Monday, where I volunteer to craft with the patients, - lots of new ladies, so we made some cards to break them in gently! We then visited my Father in Law in Brum yesterday as he's very poorly at the moment... but coping ok with it (fingers crossed).
Today I was hoping for some paper playtime, but alas, I have a days worth of phone calls to make. My Mum has finally decided to move from the Isle of Wight to be nearer to us (YAY!), but as she is coming down tomorrow, hoping to do some viewings on Saturday, I guess I'd better line some up hadn't I?!
So, in lieu of much paper fiddling going on over the next few days, I have this to show and tell:
It's a little muslin bag, made as an inspiration piece for the next Crafty Individuals challenge - keep an eye on their blog for more details any day now! They also have some pretty new stamps available, so take a peek at them too!
The bag started off cream in colour, I used glimmer mists to make it a lovely chocolate brown.
I then stamped image plate CI-148 onto cream card, before embossing and distressing a little (of course). A little pleated crepe paper and punched borders above and below the image, some crinkled seam binding in a loose triple bow, some Orchid Crafts tiny roses - (you gotta take a look at their prices - great value,) and some pearl trim at the bottom and TaDa!!! A cute little bag for a special gift! Hope you like! xxx

4 comments:

Isabelle Norris said...

This is a really cute little bag. Love it
isa

The Dolphin Inn said...

This is stunning, very special little gift !!! xxx

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Huge congrats to your son. I bet you were fit to burst with 'proud Mum'-ness. :0)

Love the bag you made...beautiful combination of elements.

Sid said...

A gorgeous idea and it looks stunning !!